2015 was far better than 2014. For many reasons, but most importantly this year brought me much improved health than the year prior. That improved health allowed for other blessings throughout the year and I’m grateful for the improvements so I wanted to write down some things down that were absolutely awesome about this year.
1. Spent about 95 days less overnight at the Brigham
2. Had hair. ALL year. Plus a pony tail at the end.
3. Had way less spinal taps and bone marrow biopsies
4. Puked a hell of a lot less
5. Did a thing I like to call “be a working woman”
6. Switched jobs and ditched the long commute
7. Ran a 5k
8. Went on vacations with people I love
9. Learned how amazing stand-up paddle boarding is
10. Became a God mother to the sassiest, most beautiful, most hilarious little girl
11. Made a speech about my journey to about 1,000 students at my alma mater
12. Stood beside an amazing friend as she got married
13. Saw my girl T-Swift with all three of my besties and a bunch of other ladies I love!
14. Bettered my yoga practice & began learning about different philosophies & teachings
15. Last but certainly not least, became a pup mother
I have mixed emotions going into this night, however. I got the pic below in my TimeHop and I got thrown into a surreal feeling of looking at my happy ass before my life got flipped upside down. Mike and I had such a fun night 2 years ago. We went to an incredible dinner in the North End, drank red wine & champagne then hopped over to the best little hookah bar where we sat and sipped martinis until about 11:50. Paid our check and ran over to the water to watch the fireworks go off in the absolute FREEZING cold! It was a glorious night and I remember it so vividly and relish in those memories when I think about my “life before.”
Thinking of that “before” makes me a little sad honestly cuz I’d love to live that night over again. But that’s not how life mworks, you don’t get to go back in time. You only have today and that’s what today’s still pretty good too. It’s different than two years ago… I’m already in my pajamas, we have a pup snuggled up with us and there’s a lasagna about to go in the oven that was made by my amazing nurse Andrea who makes her own pasta, sauce and ricotta!!!
PLUSSS, we just got this picture of these beauties which really just couldn’t have made my heart any warmer. #ILoveBeingAnAuntie
So net net is tonight’s still pretty nice too.
I have waited 22 months and 11 days for the clock to strike midnight and my phone to say 2016. I can’t really believe it’s here, I can’t believe we’re about to hit the year that I’ll get to begin to close my cancer chapter. But I’m excited so let the countdown officially begin.
Thank you to all my amazing family, friends, nurses, doctors, coworkers, blog readers, and incredible boyfriend for your continued support and endless love. I am grateful tonight and grateful always.
All the love & light in the world going into 2016.