After a long weekend full of food and drinks, this always seems to be what Mike and I end up googling….
So, in an attempt to find a recipe that was healthy but also not boring, I went to where I always go for food ideas… Pinterest! After a few minutes of searching, I found the perfect combo of satisfying and sensible. Plus, it was simple and quick to make which is always preferred. Totally something you could do on a week night and unlike many salad recipes, we were both surprised how full we still were later that night. Anyways, hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Bacon Avocado & Feta Salad
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (or more oil if you wish)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 5 ounces |150g bacon, diced and trimmed of all fat
- 8 cups chopped Iceberg and Romaine
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- extra Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
Whisk together the dressing and if you’re going to add grilled or seared chicken, use this as the marinade as well. Once dressing is made, refrigerate. Fry bacon to a crisp so that it can be easily crumbled. As the bacon is cooling on paper towels, prepare salad fixings and add all together, crumble bacon atop and toss with dressing. Serve and enjoy!
That’s all for today! Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday! Half way thru the week, yippee!
Love & light,